30 June 2006

Deutschland ist Gewinner nach Elfmeterschiessen: 4 - 2

An exciting game! Soccer World Championships that is....Did you watch it? We did! And Germany won after the extended play and then the 11 meter shoot-out. Now they'll play Italy on Tuesday. Here, they were honking their car horns as they drove down the street in celebration. Germany is in the semi finals!! An exciting time to be here. And I've learned a lot about football (sorry, soccer!).

I'm tired now, so this will be short.

Mostly, I just wanted to let you know that I have downloaded Skype, which is a free internet service to make phone calls, at least when the other person has Skype also. I still need to by a headset for the laptop. But if you have Skype too, let me know so that I can add you to my contact list. And if you don't, please look into downloading it so that we can talk....www.skype.com.

That's all for today. I hope all of you have a good long weekend. I'll let you know how my first day of work is (yes, I'll be working while you all celebrate Independence Day!).

No comments: