30 August 2006

Today

....it's still cold, but the sun is shining!!!!!!!! It rained today, too, pretty hard, but I'm not complaining, because today I saw the sun!!!!!! And it's 8 already, but it's not dark yet!!

I really don't have much to tell, so here are my random ramblings for you:

Today while we were at lunch in the cafeteria, I ran into one of the Boschlers from Farmington Hills who I always got along really well with and who's here for a conference. To my {happy} surprise, S. stopped right next to my table, set down the lunch tray and gave me a hug. (I know, I never use initials, but I feel compelled to do so here for some reason.) We really didn't get a chance to talk, but it was just nice to see a familiar friendly face and to hear that I'm missed!

Also today, I was considering my vacation plans. We have to use our vacation days here by March. So I was planning on using about 6 days of vacation at Christmas (the rest being holiday or weekend) and I figured I would then have 9 left (!!) to use before March. But then I realized that I was counting wrong....I don't have 15 days to use before March, I have 19! And that's just my vacation days for 2006!! I better get to some vacationing! I'm thinking Greece, I'm thinking Spain, I'm thinking Budapest, I'm thinking Casablanca.....No that's the movie, the place is Morocco, right? Suggestions of where to go and what to see are welcomed!!

Tomorrow I'm going to be alone at work for most of the day.....most of my colleagues are on vacation and the one person who's in the office with me has meetings which will take her out of the office most of the day. It's gonna be a quiet one.....

Tuesday I have to give a presentation.....auf Deutsch. (If I were telling you this in person, you would hear "Yikes!!!" from my tone of voice.) We'll see how that goes. My German teacher insists I'll be fine, but I have this teensy wheensy problem....when I get nervous, my German gets worse! Think about me while you're sleeping early Tuesday morning around 3 a.m., okay?

[When I got to this point, I decided that I would run my Biomuell downstairs and take some pictures of my car - for you!]

So, here's my cute car!! And yes, it's parked on the street, because I'm still afraid of my garage...Ernst says he'll come over and do a test "park the car in the garage" run with me, so I can see that I'm not going to break the car by parking it in the garage and can start using my garage before it snows (which given the weather we're having right now, feels like it could be next week!!).It's cute, but old; small, but functional; peppy, but old (oops, did I mention that already?). Seriously, though, so far it's a good car, really low mileage, not too expensive, insurance is reasonable, registration fees are comparable to what they were in Michigan for my Jetta. And best of all? It's a Mercedes, people! Never expected to be driving a Merc!! I love cars....well, you're not supposed to love things, right, so I REALLY like cars. If I had to go to university again (besides finishing my Master's, which I really AM going to do!!), I think I'd be an engineer so I could work with cars, particularly a test engineer....I think getting to test these new cars is such a fun job! I love walking across the campus at work looking at all these test cars under cover. There's some really cool stuff out there!! And just so you engineers don't feel offended, I know that you work hard; that there are parts of the job that aren't fun, that you don't like and that it's not all fun and games....but you have to admit, there are some serious benefits to what you do!

And while I was uploading the photos of the car, I found this one that I had taken of Mac sitting in front of my laptop. I guess he had something he wanted to blog, too.... :o) (Too bad you can see the mess in the background - it's not there any more!!)
Hmm, well there was more to this post than I thought.

Happy Wednesday! Drop me a line - I'd love to hear how your week's going!!

{By the way, it's now raining and dark!!!}

No comments: