21 September 2006

After at least 13 weeks.....

....I finally had a Starbucks!! (Yep, I've been in Deutschland for 13 weeks now!!)

[Author's note: As per what's becoming my usual style, this post was started on Thursday, so I think blogger is going to tell you I posted it on Thursday, too, but it's actually almost 10 on Saturday night right now.]

My language lessons on Thursdays moved from 7:30 to 15:30, so they now end at 17:00. The language school is in downtown Stuttgart and I needed a new pair of shoes (somehow I lost a chunk of the sole of my basic black shoes), so I headed into the shopping area after my lesson Thursday. I've been by Starbucks several times before, but the line was always so long that I couldn't be bothered (I wasn't craving it that bad...). But this time the line wasn't very long, so I stopped. My drink of choice was a Mocha Frappucino. Yummy.....but I forgot how expensive it was!

I also found a pair of shoes. :o)

Last night I had small group. It was at another new location (for me) and (as always) I got lost. I had to pull out the map, figure out where I was and then I made my way there. I was (only) thirty minutes late.....I can't explain why it's so hard to follow driving directions. But if you know me, you know that I'm pretty good at following directions (of all kinds, not just driving ;). I guess it's just one of those things you have to get used to (or throw in the towel and spend the money on the Navigation system).

The weather today (and for the last few days has been gorgeous!!). But today was the first official day of fall and I have definitely noticed that the leaves are starting to fall....Plus it's darker in the mornings when I get up (which makes getting up harder...). Fall is actually one of my favorite seasons, so I hope it takes it's time and doesn't rush right into winter.......

Tomorrow morning, we're going to try to go the Monet exhibit before church. The museum opens at 9 and we plan to be there about 10 minutes before it opens. Hopefully everyone else will still be sleeping and we'll be able to get in, unlike last week. Tomorrow's the last day of the exhibit, so if it doesn't work, I won't be seeing Monet in Stuttgart....

No comments: