19 September 2006

Random...

First, hooray for post #40!!

I think I might be addicted to the quizzes at Blogthings.com. I now know that I'm only 12% slacker (whew, thought it was a lot higher than that), of the Sesame Street characters, I'm officially Burt (not so delighted about that - he's kinda odd, but at least I'm not Oscar the Grouch!!!) and I'm so naive that it scares Blogthings.....But I'll try not to bore you with too many results from said quizzes.....maybe once a week??

I'm back in school! Yep, I've officially registered for the Capstone class to my program. Don't know yet how exactly I'll complete the class or what the requirements will be, but the Prof (who is totally awesome, probably the best - or maybe tied for the best - prof I've had in my grad program and I'm not saying that to get a better grade, because he has no idea I have a blog and so I can almost guarantee he'll never read this.......) promised that he'll find some way to give me a grade. And I still have to finish that paper by December for my other "class." As of December 22nd, I should only have one elective left to complete and if I can figure out how to swing it, my program director has agreed to let me take it while in Germany. My goal is to have my Master's completed by December 2007 (giving myself time but committing to a date!!).

Tonight I'm going to a dinner hosted by the International Women's Group Stuttgart. They're an english-speaking group of women who meet regularly for dinner (notice I did not say American, because the only requirement is that you speak English....). I want to integrate here, but I also just want to meet people, so I figured I'd check it out. It's also right here in Feuerbach this month, so I don't have to go far. Now I'm just trying to decide whether I should be "German" and walk downtown to the restaurant or be "American" and drive.....Ask me tomorrow what I decided to do.

Oh, and I got the best compliment today! My boss said that he doesn't know any other American who can speak German as well as I can (and having lived in the states, he knows quite a few....). Was that nice or what???? Made my day just a little....

You should read this absolutely amazing story! Can you imagine? I can't........What a happy ending, though.

Okay, gotta go!

No comments: