19 March 2010

Stripes

Marc and I finally finished painting the toilet. Well, not the toilet itself, but the room that the toilet is in. It took an entire week and here's why (well, here's why plus we have a 5 month old who wants to play and doesn't take very long naps...).
The initial plan was to paint the wall behind the toilet and the wall across from it the blue color. The side walls were going to be solid yellow. But as I was painting the side walls, I decided that the contrast was too extreme. Plus, I couldn't get clean edges on the walls, so the transitions looked bad. After looking around online for ideas (faux paint treatments, etc....), I decided that stripes were in order.
Oh my goodness was it a lot of work! Measuring, taping, painting over the tape to get clean lines and then doing the actual painting. But I am happy with the result.

The tiles on the wall were painted at some point and the paint has begun chipping away. Plus, the tiles are nice. So the next project is to remove the paint from the tile.

Oh and I really, really want a new toilet.....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Im so glad that you are blogging again! Andy mentioned something about it the other day and I finally logged on to see for myself :)
Great job on the bathroom, it looks great!

turbobrown said...

The paint job looks amazing! Nice work! When you are here we can set up some time for you to paint our hall bath.