15 July 2006

Finally....

I have some pictures! First, here's the one I think is the funniest!! My cats love water and so they like hanging out in the bathroom. It's been suggested that I should perhaps leave the lid on the toilet open and maybe then they wouldn't need a litter box.....Wouldn't that be nice!











Here's where we watch football....The glass wall slides open and it's generally pretty cool inside. There's a table, so we eat in there sometimes and because of the nice weather, the TV is outside in there right now.




And there's a garden, with kohlrabi (I looked it up and it's called the same thing in English), zucchini, lettuce, other vegetables and if this was panoramic, to the right you would see raspberries and another kind of berry, but I don't know what it's called in English and can't find it in the dictionary.


The backyard is in three levels. The garden is on the highest level, the TV house (that's not what it's called, but I don't think it really has a name) is on the middle level and then there's a table on the lowest level, just outside the back door. And everywhere, there are flowers....
Oh, and sometimes there are kids around, too....This is Jonas.
And the view from the backyard is pretty good...












This weekend is very exciting! Today, I get to go pick up the keys to my new apartment. The old tenants and the landlord are doing the final walk-through today, so they thought it would be easy enough for me to come as well and pick up the keys. And then I talked to one of the former expats from Bosch, who is moving out of his apartment this weekend. He has a combo washer/drier and a TV that he's giving to me! So we're going to pick those up tomorrow and hopefully take them directly to the apartment (I have to doublecheck that this afternoon).


I'll blog about Vienna separately. But I do have one last picture to share (with Heather's permission of course!), this one from America. This is the adorable Henry (Hank) Wood on his first birthday!


No comments: