05 July 2006

One more thing.....

Today the air freight came! So I will finally be able to share some pictures with you.....But at the moment, blogspot is really being difficult, so we'll see when you get to see them. Here are a few pictures of the area from some other people, in the mean time: Hohenlohekreis. (It's so humid today that the snowy picture in that link actually looks good.....the heat must be getting to me!!). My favorite thing is that you are so close to the city, but you have the mountains just out the window!
I'm sooooo happy to have the stuff I need to keep the cats fed and watered while I'm in Vienna next week!!! And having a few more clothes and shoes is pretty good, too!
So because I was late to work (the delivery guy couldn't find the little town of Scheppach, because it wasn't on his map, so he came at about 9:15, instead of between 8 and 9), I decided to drive all the way into work. It took about 40 minutes. Then I found the parking lot, which took a few more minutes. Then I had to walk - and I'm not even kidding here - like a quarter or half mile (I don't know, I'm really bad at distances, but it was so not kidding, really far away). At some point, I'll try to load some pictures of the factory or at least a site plan so you can get an idea of how massive it is. Anyway, I decided from that experience that generally, taking the train is much more preferable, due to the proximity of the train station!
Oh, my other favorite thing here - minimal speed limits on the autobahn. When there is a limit, it's usually 120 km, which is 74.6 miles per hour. When there's no limit, well, then there's no limit. My little Opel is pretty speedy!! If you know me well, you know that my lead foot is enjoying this greatly!!!!!
All right, well that turned into more than one thing.......Gute Nacht!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Just thought I would enter the blogging world. I had lunch with your mom & Andy today. We talked and dreamed a lot about CFS and how we could more effectively utalize blogging to market CFS and our services. Sooo, you are my first person to "blog" with (my blogging guinea pig).

Hope you are doing well in your new job/transition. Your apartment (to be) looks great--cool view of Mts., etc.

I pray that you can (relatively quickly) find a community of believers for encouragment, support and fellowship!!!

Blessings, Rob Shive