15 January 2007

Excuses, excuses....

I said there would be pictures and stories.

And there aren't. But I have a good excuse.

Jet Lag and Reintegration.

Yes, that's right, my excuse is Jet Lag. And here's why. I got home around 10 a.m. (local time) on Sunday (12/31). Then I had to go pick up the cats and so I crawled into bed for a nap around 1 p.m. Which is 5 a.m. in Michigan. Then I got up at 4:30 p.m. (10:30 a.m. in MI). Then I celebrated New Year's into the wee hours of the morning, or about the time I would have gone to bed had I still been in Michigan (are you figuring out the problem???) I didn't get up on New Year's Day until 12:30 p.m., which would have been early to get up in MI (6:30), but would still be morning. Monday, I got home around 8 p.m. and just didn't feel tired at all. Around midnight, I tried to go to sleep anyway. But I didn't. Literally. I did not sleep for even one minute of Monday night. And the rest of that whole week, my sleeping patterns were really messed up. Then last week was busy with work and friends and trying to unpack and clean and and and.......(Reintegration).

But I have to post now because my brother yelled at me for not posting. And because I found a great article this morning! Researchers have found that bilinigualism delays the onset of dementia. Is that good news or is that good news?? Having two grandmothers who suffer from dementia, I find this to be a very positive thing. The only thing I wonder is...how do they come up with these research topics?

So to what's happened in life.....I had an awesome trip to Michigan. And to celebrate my birthday, my fantastic friend Tim gave us access to a suite at the Joe. And to further celebrate my birthday, the Wings won. Now, I'm a hockey nut and I've been going a little nuts not being able to watch any hockey, so this was a great gift (thanks again, Tim!!). And because my Christmas wishes came true, I had my amazing new camera with me. When you look at these photos, keep in mind that we were in a suite, so in the upper ring of the Joe.....yep, my camera has that much zoom! (Thanks to Matthias for taking many of these photos.) Okay, Blogger is not cooperating with me, so I've uploaded the pictures from the game here to Flickr instead.

Speaking of the Red Wings, did you know that Governor Granholm declared January 13th to officially be Steve Yzerman Day?

New Year's Eve will have to be a separate post, I think..

No comments: