03 May 2007

My New Apartment

Hello again from Turkey! For the second time within three weeks, my work travels have brought me to the lovely city of Bursa. Since I have some time (and since the hotel has free wireless internet), I thought I would post some pictures of my new apartment.

Here's my living room. You can see the doorwall and the windows, it's really bright and sunny. The balcony starts just outside this door, continues in the direction of the windows, past the bedroom and wraps around the corner. It's narrow, but really long. Since I took this picture, I hung sheer curtains as well, so I'll have to get some new pictures. I can't tell you how happy I was to have my couch! And I really like the terracotta accent wall. The floor is also really nice, it's some kind of biological wood, so it shifts a bit, and my landlord is really attached to it, so I worry about it getting scratched, but....

Standing in front of the couch, here's looking into the dining "room" (more like the dining corner). Here's another doorwall, but there's no balcony, it just looks out over the street. But I get a really good cross breeze with all of these windows. You can see from the picture leaning against the wall and the coat tree in the middle of the room that I'm not finished moving in yet, but in the last few weeks, I have come much farther than I ever did in Feuerbach. At least the coat tree is now in the basement. If you continue past the picture to the left, there is the kitchen:

I have no idea why this picture is sideways and I can't seem to turn it. The kitchen is basically a perfect square. It's not huge, but it's sufficient. (And blue!) I didn't photograph the bathroom, which is just to the left of the kitchen. My washing machine is in the bathroom and I also have a bathtub, which I didn't have in Feuerbach. To the left of the bathroom is the front door to the apartment.




And the last room then is my bedroom. You can see the door to the balcony (the shutter-like window cover is down). The bedroom door is to the right of the ladder shelf which is to the right of the couch in the living room. At the foot of the bed is also a window, so the apartment really is very bright (which is great. As you face the bed at the angle, behind you is the Kleiderschrank, which ended up fitting with room to spare in the corner for the vaccuum cleaner, ironing board and stepladder (if you remember, I was worried that the bed and the Kleiderschrank wouldn't fit....they do). You can see in this picture also that I'm not all unpacked.

And since I had a bunch of hair cut off, I thought a picture of me with short hair might be good:

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

the apartment looks great - and so does your hair :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah your place looks soooooo wonderful. I'm so glad that you are happy in your new place. Your poor mom misses you so!

Shannon said...

I love your apartment!!
It looks great. You are ahead of me, we still dont have any curtains and we have been here for over a year!
Miss you!
Shan