04 November 2007

Keep on Tryin'

Ok, so only 3 days into November and I've already failed at NaBloPoMo. Well, it's not that big a surprise given how infrequently I post....why did I think I would be able to post every day? But nobody loves a quitter, so I'm going to keep trying. Like my Mom always told us kids "Keep on keepin' on." We'll see....

There's a really cool new website "Free Rice." It gives you a word and then a list of four other words, one of which is a synonym. You have to find the synonym. For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice are donated to the United Nations to help fight hunger. 45,760,870 grains of rice were donated yesterday alone! How cool is that? And as a side benefit, your vocabulary will be expanded. Check it out. I had some words which I had never heard before. As you get words right, it gets harder, so good luck!

Here's the verse that's running through my head on a loop today:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29.11 (NIV)

Happy Sunday!

No comments: