28 September 2008

Mason turns two


This sweet boy is my nephew Mason. Today, he is two. He looks very much like my brother did at this age.

Because we live an ocean apart, Mason knows me from almost exclusively from pictures. This is probably the worst part of living overseas - the irregular visits with family and friends. I am very grateful to my sister-in-law and brother, that they show Mason pictures of me/us.

What I would most like to do today: give Mason a big birthday hug! But that will have to wait a couple of months...

2 comments:

turbobrown said...

We'll have to give him a hug on your behalf for the time being. He can't wait to see his Aunt Sarah and Uncle Marc at Thanksgiving time!

The card you made was awesome, such a great idea! It's going right into his baby book. And the memory game present was cool for both him and his parents. Another awesome idea and a great gift.

We miss you and love you and can't wait to see you in a couple months!

Shannon said...

I know, can you believe he is two already? We were looking at old pictures at your Aunt Lois' house last night. You are so right, Mason is so a mini Andy! I love it!
We are happy to hear that we will see you at Thanksgiving!
Mason loved his birthday gift!! It is a great way to keep your faces current in his mind. He is already getting the hang of "matching" them.
We miss you guys!