07 August 2006

Ho hum and the Princess Bride

I unfortunately have no TV at the moment. My building and the building next door share a satellite dish. And it was switched from analog to digital on Friday night. So now I have to call up some company to come and put in a new cable for the dish. So I'm not getting any signal. And while I bragged earlier that I hadn't watched TV since the WM finals, I now realize that was due less to my lack of desire to watch TV and more to actually having fun people around to talk to.....now living alone and with all the shops closing around 7, I find that TV is a very useful source of distraction to pass the hours until bedtime. Without it, I'm quite bored...(I think I need to go to the bookstore!)...Therefore, to amuse myself, I did a google search on americans living in Germany and found all sorts of interesting blogs and ultimately a quiz on the Princess Bride. I, apparently, am Buttercup, which actually doesn't surprise me much....Which character are you? Take the quiz, please, it's short and let me know. I'm curious....

Buttercup
Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti"

I do have a car of my own now! Pictures will follow eventually, when I can be sure that my neighbors aren't watching that strange american take pictures of her very ordinary, not so new model year car....

I do not, however, have a couch. It didn't fit. They even took my front door off the hinge, removed the railing from the stairs and managed to get it through the front door of my apartment. But then they couldn't get it out of my hallway into the living room. I contemplated telling them that it could stay in the hallway, but I think it would be a fire hazard and I would probably wish it wasn't there pretty soon, so I let them take it back. They measured to see if they could hoist it up to the balcony, but once they got it there, it still wouldn't fit through the door or the window. So, off to storage it goes, sadly, for the next three years. And now I need to buy a couch.

Saturday, I not only bought a car, I also bought my wardrobe/armoire. I think I mentioned that there aren't closets, right? So I had to essentially buy one. Unfortunately, it won't be delivered for the next ten days or so, so I have to continue to iron (gasp, yes, me iron and no, mom, I don't iron while wearing the clothes any more....burning myself and the subsequent incessant teasing that I should come with a warning label taught me a lesson) prior to wearing my clothes. Let's just hope that this piece of furniture passes through my door! ;o)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have you not seen the Princess Bride????? It's a must see!! Being Westley is a very good thing, in my opinion.....
And it's not a matter of them fixing my TV, I just need to get them here to put in a new cable line.