11 August 2006

Randomness...

What's that saying about paybacks? Oh, right, it has a not-so-nice word in it....so being the good girl that I am, I won't write it here. But you know what I'm thinking right? And I'm thinking it in context of the weather here.....it's cold! As in 55 degrees. And the high tomorrow is 60 and the high on Sunday is 61. And it's rainy! So why paybacks? Because I was complaining about how hot it was here just two weeks ago!!! And now I'm wearing a sweater and my fuzzy slippers from Land's End. Hence my thoughts on paybacks today. By the way, in these multiple family houses, they shut off the heat (completely) from early May or so until October. So I can't even turn on the heat if I want to, even when the lows at night are in the 40s....
I'm also thinking about mourning doves. Why? Because there's one parked outside and as far as I can tell, it lives around here full time. I hear it now, even with the window closed. I hear it in the morning when I wake up, even with the window closed. Aaargh!
Plans for this weekend....clean, clean and clean some more. (Exciting, right??) I want everything to be organized! I just wish someone else wanted to organize it for me! My wardrobe is being delivered Monday morning and it will be good to get all my clothes off the floor.....here's hoping it fits through the door!!!
Sunday I want to check out the BGG. It's a big church here in the area that Simi's dad recommended to me...
I bought a phone on Wednesday that is supposed to operate with Skype....Super, right? Yep, except I didn't read that you have to have Windows in order to install the software. And I love my Mac, but it doesn't have Windows.....Hmmmm......so I emailed Philips to ask if they have the software available for Mac, but I'm not expecting a positive reply. So I think I will probably be having my first experience with returning something to a store in Germany next week....Wish me luck........(How do you say "not compatible with my computer" in German???)
What do you have planned for the weekend? Surely it's more interesting than cleaning! Gee, it seems that I am in a bit of a negative mood this evening....I think it's the weather. I'll try to be more positive with the next post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun checking out the new church. Let us know how you like it. I went to the website, dont know why, I do not know one word of German. If I were there,I would gladly organize everything for you. Cross your fingers on the wardrobe fitting through the halls!!
We have a crazy weekend too. Stac and Ted are in the Keys, so I am babysitting this weekend and Andy has a wedding to go to. Sunday we have church, a BBQ for my work and some baptisms to go to. Thankfully there is no cleaning involved in there anywhere. I saw Bonnie and her daughter the other day. They said to say hi. Take care, stay warm!!
love,
Shan

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is all a little confusing and lonely for you at times. I have confidence that you will find your way. I do pray for you every day!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks, Mrs. Larry!!